Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sunday Postcard Art


SPA challenges us to the theme of "Mr. Right."



'A Big... What?'

He really was a balloonist (See Below)
New York Times Article


"SANTOS-DUMONT'S ESCAPE; His Balloon Burst, but He Got Off Without a Scratch August 9, 1901, Wednesday
PARIS, Aug. 9. -- M. Santos-Dumont, the aeronaut, had a narrow escape from death yesterday morning. His balloon burst and fell with tremendous speed. Had it not been that the framework caught in the coping of a building, the plucky Franco-Brazilian would almost certainly have been killed. As it was he was unhurt."

12 comments:

  1. I don't know about you, but he had me at "great with gerbils".... ;)

    Hey there miss mam!! I have missssed you girlie♥ My computer has been completely and utterly out of commission and I haven't touched a keyboard in weeks. Not fun, but deprivation has certainly cured me of my bloggity block.

    Thank you so much dear friend, for the collars and especially for the atc... sigh, I *love* it. I've written you a real live thank you note, I just need to get it into the mail! love ya lots dear... I'm off now to click on your followers link☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a dynamite card! And what a guy! Great work, Nancy! LynnF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky guy! One of my dreams is to ride a hot air balloon. I would have answered the ad. lol Great ATC:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card, stylish and modern yet a vintage feel to it

    ReplyDelete
  5. so this is where you're hiding! why am I not following you here?? will rememdy!

    love the chickens in the car! too funny.

    off topic:

    please come and play Thesaurus Thursday today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your piece and that image is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. (Had to delete my last comment....bad spelling mistake!)

    A very classy piece of art Nancy.....great work!
    It was lovely to hear from you on ABAA....hope all is well with you.
    Love Linda xx

    ReplyDelete